Design & Architecture
Architecture is the process of designing and planning buildings and other structures, taking into account factors such as functionality, safety, and aesthetics. Architects work with a variety of materials, including wood, steel, concrete, and glass, to create functional and visually appealing structures. They also work with engineers, builders, and other construction professionals to ensure that their designs can be built safely and efficiently.
Design, on the other hand, is a broader term that encompasses a wide range of activities including Industrial design, graphic design, fashion design, interior design and many others. Industrial designers create products that are functional, aesthetically pleasing, and easy to use. Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers.
- Design errors: Design mistakes from lack of experience, error, or miscommunication can have a significant impact on the cost and schedule of a project.
- Miscommunication between design teams: Miscommunication between disciplines in design (mechanical, electrical, controls, etc.) can lead to incompatibilities or design flaws
- Balancing functionality and aesthetics: Designing a building or structure that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing can be challenging
- Lack of proper planning: Poor planning with interfacing disciplines can create costly changes that are often not realized until after procurement
How we can help
- We can review designs to ensure that errors or omissions are avoided early in the design process, saving additional costs.
- We can drive the design team and open communication to ensure that all designs are functional and comply with codes and standards.
- We can ensure that functionality and aesthetics find a middle ground that maximizes both without compromising performance.
- We can make design efficient and accurate, with oversight and best practices at the forefront of design.